Terms and Conditions
1. WarOnCancer.com Terms & Conditions
Your WarOnCancer.com Account and Website. If you create a blog or website on WarOnCancer.com, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and blog, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the blog. You must immediately notify WarOnCancer United Ltd. of any unauthorized uses of your blog, your account, or any other breaches of security. WarOnCancer United Ltd. will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
• Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to Waroncancer.com, post links on Waroncancer.com, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct. That is the case regardless of what form the Content takes, which includes, but is not limited to text, photo, video, audio, or code. By using Waroncancer.com, you represent and warrant that your Content and conduct do not violate these terms. By submitting Content to Waroncancer United for inclusion on your website, you grant Waroncancer United a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing, and promoting your blog. This license allows Waroncancer United to make publicly-posted content available to third parties selected by Waroncancer United so that these third parties can analyze and distribute (but not publicly display) your content through their services. If you delete Content, Waroncancer United will use reasonable efforts to remove it from Waroncancer.com, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Waroncancer United has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Waroncancer United’s sole discretion, (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Waroncancer United’s reasonable opinion, violates any Waroncancer United policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of Waroncancer.com to any individual or entity for any reason.
• Web Traffic. We use a third party, Google Analytics, to measure Waroncancer.com’s audience and usage. Your website’s traffic will be included under Waroncancer United. You understand that your website will not receive credit for traffic in these reports, and you must not assign your website’s traffic to any other party. If we or comScore require additional documentation to verify ownership of your website or domain name, you agree to make reasonable efforts to accommodate such requests.
• Advertisements. Waroncancer United reserves the right to display advertisements on your blog.
• Attribution. Waroncancer United reserves the right to display attribution links such as ‘Blog at Waroncancer.com,’ theme author, and font attribution in your blog footer or toolbar. Footer credits and the Waroncancer.com toolbar may not be altered or removed.
2. Sharing your Content.
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on Waroncancer.com, and you can control how it is shared through your application settings. In addition:
• For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Waroncancer.com (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
• When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a
reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
• When you publish content or information it means that you are allowing everyone to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and Avatar).
• We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Waroncancer.com, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate
you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
3. Responsibility of Visitors.
Waroncancer United has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to our Services, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating our Services, Waroncancer United does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful, or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Our Services may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Our Services may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Waroncancer United disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of our Services, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there
4. Content Posted on Other Websites.
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Waroncancer.com links, and that link to
Waroncancer.com. Waroncancer United does not have any control over those non-Waroncancer.com websites, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Waroncancer.com website, Waroncancer United does not represent or imply that it endorses such website. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Waroncancer United disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Waroncancer.com websites and webpages.
5. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy.
As Waroncancer United asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Waroncancer.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Waroncancer. Waroncancer United will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Waroncancer United will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Waroncancer United or others. In the case of such termination, Waroncancer United will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Waroncancer United.
6. Intellectual Property.
This Agreement does not transfer from Waroncancer United to you any Waroncancer United or third party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Waroncancer United. Waroncancer United, WarOnCancer, Waroncancer.com, the Waroncancer.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Waroncancer.com or our Services, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Waroncancer United or Waroncancer United’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of our Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Waroncancer United or third-party trademarks.
We are constantly updating our Services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our Services are offered. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by posting on one of our blogs, or by sending you an email or other communication before the changes take effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the new terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using our Services within the designated notice period. Your continued use of our Services will be subject to the new terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
Waroncancer United may terminate your access to all or any part of our Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Waroncancer.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using our Services. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties.
Our Services are provided “as is.” Waroncancer United and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Waroncancer United nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that our Services will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted.
10. Limitation of Liability.
In no event will Waroncancer United, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this Agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Waroncancer United under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Waroncancer United shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Waroncancer United, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of our Services, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Waroncancer United and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Waroncancer United, or by the posting by Waroncancer United of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of our Services will be governed by the laws of The United Kingdom.