War On Cancer is a Stockholm-based impact tech start-up that aims to radically improve the mental health of everyone affected by cancer. The first step towards achieving that has been to create the social media app; War On Cancer. We’re now searching for our CTO (and naturally, tech lead) to join our mission to deliver a superb War On Cancer experience in our iOS and Android apps. You will be working hands-on with software development, as well as leading the tech team and be responsible for technical vision. We believe you have a passion for coding and development, as well as leading the team through caring about team processes, understanding future technical needs and building a technical roadmap.
* We are looking for a CTO with a software engineering background, responsible for leading the development team and for its technical deliverables.
* You will work with our Product Manager to manage and further build our tech team, currently split across two countries.
* Your primary initial focus will be to help us implement best practices for architecture for scaling the team (by individuals, while maintaining high speed and quality)
* Develop, lead and inspire the team. Be a magnet for technical talent and accelerate the hiring of engineers.
* Further develop our Roadmap for the product together with our Product Manager, where you will be responsible for the technical aspects, such as choice of frameworks and architecture.
* Take an active part in the coding and development in the team.
* Promote a culture of success, pride, performance, discipline, and creativity.
* Follow and spread trends on modern technology and architecture.
* Facilitate, or delegate, our agile team activities, such as Retrospectives. We have a really good agile “Scramban” development process in place, but there is always room for improvement of our processes, which you will, of course, be integral in deciding upon.
It would be great if you had:
* At least five years’ experience as a software engineer in agile and test-driven software development.
* A strong interest in having the overall responsibility for the software architecture and leading the team.
* Strong computer science foundation.
* Expertise building big-data analytic solutions with appropriate use of relational and NoSQL database technologies.
* Fluency in multiple programming languages for app development.
* Experience of developing in React Native.
* A bonus is background in the life-science domain.
Resourceful, adaptable and persistent. This is a startup. There are huge and endless possibilities and we already have various partnerships in place. However, you will need to think lean and enjoy the true startup mentality, dig in and get your hands dirty in order to reshape the future of healthcare. Only the passionate need to apply!
Is this you?
Let us know by emailing your CV to Malin and she’ll get back to you.